Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close Actions- Individual Ship
Hello!

Situations is:

During its squadron activation, a British ship engaged a French one in CA. 
End of the CA is both ships grappled in the same hex, side by side. 
The French was not activated yet so, he will be activated during individual ship phase.

After all squadrons were activated now is the turn of that French individual ship.

Both grappled ships have three masts.
I see their starting position asks directly for Close Action, but...

How many Close Maneouver cards do each of them get?

Thankyou,
The French ship lost it's Squadron Marker, because it was grappled.

After all squadrons have been activated, this not yet activated ship is activated, following the Single-Ship Activation.
(Maybe there are other Single-Ships...)

If activated, it becomes the active ship and is treated this way.
The other, still grappled ship now is the passive ship.

The number of cards depends on the ship and rigging conditions of both ships.

The Close Maneouver Phase starts with both ships grappled in the same hex.

So in other words: The fight goes in it's second turn. But now the French is the active player.

Alles Gute
   Mario
Smile 
(20th Oct 2016, 15:12)MarioJ Wrote: The French ship lost it's Squadron Marker, because it was grappled.

After all squadrons have been activated, this not yet activated ship is activated, following the Single-Ship Activation.
(Maybe there are other Single-Ships...)

If activated, it becomes the active ship and is treated this way.
The other, still grappled ship now is the passive ship.

The number of cards depends on the ship and rigging conditions of both ships.

The Close Maneouver Phase starts with both ships grappled in the same hex.

So in other words: The fight goes in it's second turn. But now the French is the active player.

Alles Gute
   Mario

Hello,

The french started its activation already grappled, is the active ship and with 3 masts will draw 6 Maneouver cards:
  • even grappled 
  • we go directly to CA, 
  • no Close Maneouver here, start position is clear, go to boarding!!!!!...  Smile

The passive grappled british ship with 3 masts will draw 0 Maneouver cards.

They have the same ship condition, lets say each draw 3 CA cards BUT the french can exchange any of his MCs cards with "sailors armed" into more CAs cards for free since they are otherwise useless, (remember there is no Close Maneouver), the british has 0 cards... this is a BIG advantage.

So, if both are grappled and there is no Maneouver action since we go directly to Close Action, as the start position card says, has the french has that advantage to have MCs available?

thanks a lot!
Yes, as described the fight goes on.

The only tiny detail I have found in your description is the number of Close Manoevre Cards for the British.
The British ship is the passive ship. But with three masts it can draw three Close Manoeuvre Cards for Passive Ship.
This is true even if both ships are grappled, as for the active ship.

So both have a chance to change their "Sailors armed" into CA cards.

Enjoy the show!   Wink

Alles Gute
   Mario
Hello Mario!

Thanks for the answer! I was reading wrong the squared text note in 6.2, considering the british passive ship being a cluster!

"Note: If the passive ship is a set of ships or a cluster of grappled ships, if it is dismasted or if it a wreck, it does not draw any Close Manoeuvre cards"

by the way, I was at the Spiel 2016 is a pity you were not this year, but next time you go, I´ll be again!!! 

thanks!